Associate Scientist, Vaccine Development
20 Firstfield Road Gaithersburg, MD 20878
We are seeking a highly motivated detailed oriented individual to serve as a Scientist in Department of Antibody Discovery/ Preclinical development. The ideal candidate would possess- prior experience in antibody discovery and Preclinical development of vaccine projects. The ideal candidate will make detailed observations, analyze data, interpret results, and exercise appropriate technical discretion in the execution of experiments. The major responsibility of this position is to perform Immunological assays for development of vaccine projects and characterization of monoclonal antibodies. The scientist will be expected to present scientific work to their supervisor and peers, prepare reports when necessary, demonstrate the ability to work independently and manage multiple experiments simultaneously. This position will be located at our Gaithersburg, MD facility and will report to a Director of Antibody Discovery in Vaccine Development.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform/support preclinical activities for development of RSV and Influenza vaccine projects.
- Perform characterization of monoclonal antibodies and polyclonal immune response by molecular, immunological and virological assays such as ELISA, HAI, neutralization assays.
- Perform and optimize cell based functional assays for antibody in vitro functional characterization.
- Assist with Hybridoma Fusion, screening and clone selection including cloning and expansion.
- Ability to plan and work independently with minimal supervisi
- Assisting supervisor in data analysis
- Experience with FACs and Biacore assays will be a plus
- Must be well organized with excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills and can be multitasking.
- Curiosity about seeking and applying current relevant scientific literature toward new solutions.
- May Supervise Associates/provide training as needed, and ensure adherence to company policies.
- MS or PhD in Biology, Immunology, Molecular biology or related field preferred.
- MS with 6+ years' experience or PhD with minimum 0-3 years' experience in Vaccine development or other related
- Experience in Cell based assay and mammalian cell culture required.
- Knowledge and experience with monoclonal antibody technology desired.
- Ideally like to have experience in developing relevant virological/Immunological assays
- Excellent team player with good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently on project with minimal supervis
- GoodComputer skills and experience with relevant software such as Softmax, Excel, PowerPoint, and PRISM.