Big Data Developer
183 Inverness Dr W Inverness, CO 80112
A Global Media Company is seeking a Big Data Developer to join their team in Inverness, CO!
* Designs, develops, and implements web-based Java applications to support business requirements.
* Follows approved life cycle methodologies, creates design documents, and performs program coding and testing.
* Resolves technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
* Performs a variety of tasks. A degree of creativity and latitude is required. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
* Codes software applications to adhere to designs supporting internal business requirements or external customers.
* Standardizes the quality assurance procedure for software. Oversees testing and develops fixes.
* Contribute to the Design and develop high quality software for large scale Java/Spring Batch/Hadoop distributed systems by
* Loading and processing from disparate data sets using appropriate technologies including but not limited to, Hive, Pig, MapReduce, HBase, Spark, Storm and Kafka.
* Requires a bachelor' s degree in area of specialty and 8 years+ of experience in the field or in a related area.
* Expert knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
* 8 years+ of Java experience.
* Strong communication skills.
* Experience with Hbase, kafka and spark.
* Expert in HIVE SQL and ANSI SQL - Great hands on in Data Analysis using SQL.
* Ability to write simple to complicated SQL in addition to having ability to comprehend and support data questions/analysis using already written existing complicated queries
* Familiarity in Dev/Ops (Puppet, Chef, Python)
* Expert knowledge of Big Data concepts and common components including YARN, Queues, Hive, Beeline, AtScale, Datameer, Kafka, and HDF.
Kaztronix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.In addition, all human resource actions in such areas as compensation, employee benefits, transfers, layoffs, training and development are to be administered objectively, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.