1050 Enterprise Way Sunnyvale, CA 94089
Database Administrator (DBA), Cassandra, Job Description
We’ re looking for a dedicated and passionate Server Engineer to join our cloud networking team. If you have experience building scalable, cloud based, web applications, are excited about impacting millions of users, look no further!
We practice Agile/Scrum methodology and we program in a variety of languages such as Python, C/C++, & Java. We are building a large scale and high performance cloud based networking service platform that will deliver the next generation of Internet services across private and public networks.
As a DBA, Cassandra, you will specialize in architecting, programming and working with Cassandra database and real time data analysis platforms. You will build core technology that will enable the delivery of new and revolutionary class of services to millions of Internet users.
- Assist in the development of tools and techniques for data access, retention and security
- Configuration, provisioning, upgrading and decommissioning databases and database tuning.
- Monitoring production deployments for capacity issues, performance and troubleshooting
- Production database support. Availability for 24X7 on call rotation support.
- Minimum 4 years of extensive experience managing Cassandra NoSQL database.
- Knowledge of NoSQL best practices & NoSQL data modeling
- Knowledge of operating interrelationships between database, business applications and operating systems.
- Understand hot and cold backup planning.
- Good Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work with multiple groups to resolve data issues.
- Must have experience of working in mid to large size production environment across multiple active Datacenters.
- Must be able to work in a 24x7 on-call customer facing environment on need basis.
- Monitor and tune query performance, define and implement backup strategies per data retention requirements, diagnose and resolve production issues as needed 24x7
- Deep knowledge of Cassandra DB performance/scaling concepts and tuning best practices
- Ability to write and maintain Unix/Linux shell scripts.
- Highly self-motivated with the desire to embrace new database technologies and must be able to work independently or within a team in a high demand and dynamic environment.
- Prior experience working with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Must have exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’ s degree in computer science or related field. Master’ s preferred.
Kaztronix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. In addition, all human resource actions in such areas as compensation, employee benefits, transfers, layoffs, training and development are to be administered objectively, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.