Cloud Systems Engineer - (hybrid 3x days on-site)
Hawthorne, NY US
Location: Hawthorne, New York
The Cloud Systems Engineer is responsible for the design, maintenance, monitoring and day-to-day functions of AWS IaaS landscape spanning multiple SME domains; AZs, EC2, network, security, relational database, storage, back-up and DR processes. This role will work cooperatively with the operations management of all systems within corporate cloud infrastructure, including PCI, FDA regulated and digital development systems.
- Responsible for operations of all cloud computing platforms, servers, and networks.
- Cloud design, maintenance, documentation and continuous improvement of AWS computing environment.
- Define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems in AWS, with a focus on PCI VPC.
- Build, manage and support AWS core services; including VPC, EC2, AWS Backup, Auto Scaling, Elastic Beanstalk, Elastic Load Balancing, Direct Connect, Route 53, S3, Glacier, Storage Gateway, EBS, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, CloudTrail, Config, Identity & Access Management IAM, RDS.
- Manage High-Availability server environments and create maintenance plans including backup/recovery/DR, and tune for performance.
- Perform key role in DSS assessment by configuring, managing and remediating routine vulnerability scans, PEN test, and evidence gathering for level 1 merchant requirements within PCI VPC controlled environment.
- Manage and support Red Hat Linux servers, security configurations and LDAP services for Atlassian systems, code release and internal penetration functions.
- Manage and support FDA regulated servers running RDS and SQL services.
- Perform routine performance and resource utilization improvements/analysis for all instances and infrastructure within AWS including task atomization for imaging, scanning, and native backups.
- Provide management with monthly review of operation cost and recommendations for optimization efficiencies.D D
- Daily review of health monitoring, user/back-up and system logs, and utilization reports.
- Create and maintain all documents, schematics, and diagrams for AWS environment.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Bachelor's degree or technical institute degree/certificate or equivalent work experience.
- AWS Solutions Architect Professional Certification is required.
- AWS Advanced Networking Specialty Certification is a plus.
- 5+ years of relevant professional system engineering experience, including designing and building environments in the following areas:
- Expert level experience managing AWS IaaS in a production environment using AWS Marketplace Tools and Services, Red Hat Linux or other Linux OS systems.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows servers, Windows server clustering, VMware vCenter, and ESXi.
- Familiarity with infrastructure services (i.E. Cluster, CIFS, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, SMTP, SNMP, MAPI, NFS, DSC, PowerShell Script, Lambda.)
- Experience supporting Dev Ops teams in server-less computing environment using Lambda or Elastic Beanstalk.
- Experience supporting Dev Ops teams leveraging Java, PowerShell, Node.Js, C#, Python, Ruby and Runtime API environments.
- Experience playing key infrastructure role in PCI DSS compliance audits
- Experience supporting MSSQL Servers, and AWS RDS.
- Ability to troubleshoot advanced server and network issues in a timely manner; determine root cause, analyze and document information
- Demonstrate excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong analytical, integrative and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in collaboration with others.