Data Communications Engineer - III
135 Cyber Ct Rocklin, CA 95765
The successful candidate will join the Core Network Engineering team with responsibilities in the Pacific and North Central Markets. The candidate will assume engineering responsibilities for IP networking build projects and work closely with the Capacity Planning, Design and Operations teams to implement our strategic technology goals and transition to Spine/Leaf fabric platform (eNSE). The candidate will work to create an environment of teamwork and cooperation with all stakeholders including; territories, edge, and design. Be visible and lead by example.
The candidate will work to support strategic technology goals including the ongoing migration of core elements to eNSE and the onboarding of Core Platform tenants. The candidate will work collaboratively with existing team members to meet team goals.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strengths in the following areas:
- Network Engineering IP Edge Engineering functions
- Responsible for Engineering IP Layer 1-3 for Edge Networks
- Project oversight and ownership
- Overseeing network builds from procurement to In Service
- Strong Interaction with design and architecture teams developing future networks
- Developing network configurations from design models and templates
- Work with peer teams to ensure new networks are built and migrated to meet KPIs
- Work on engineering and deploying directional networks for Intelligent Edge, including but not limited to: SAP ENSE Fabric, Access ENSE fabric, ISP, NNI and Core connectivity
- Building networks for interconnection to VCP platforms for growth, capacity and expansion
- Working with underlay and overlay controllers for network creation, network modeling, and network deployments. Leveraging plugins for network deployments across multiple virtualized OS environments.
- Engineering network solutions with a strong interaction with PNF and VNF applications teams
- Must have a strong ability to understand end to end call flows for deploying network services
You' ll need to have:
- Bachelors degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Experience with IP Layer 1-3 for Edge Networks and strong knowledge of MPLS.
- Hands on experience with virtualization of networks/servers.
- Worked with Pronghorn or Itential automation tools.
- Knowledge of Network Engineering IP Edge Engineering functions.
- CCNA or other networking certifications.
- A strong ability to understand end to end call flows for deploying network services.
- Python scripting a plus.
IP Network Engineer
Standard daytime hours with occasional support needed overnight during change windows.
Kaztronix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.In addition, all human resource actions in such areas as compensation, employee benefits, transfers, layoffs, training and development are to be administered objectively, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.