Database Administrator III
47 New York Ave, USMA011B Framingham, MA
As part of the ITS TECH organization, the SQL and Open Source DB Platforms & Services team is looking for a database administrator with a strong knowledge of SQL Server and cloud database services (AWS, Azure, GCP) and open source DB technologies, like PostgreSQL and MySQL.
The DBA is responsible in the delivery of technical solutions to complex business and technical requirements using database platforms like MS SQL, MySQL and PostgreSQL relational DB. The DBA will work with a broad range of stakeholders across the ITS TECH organization to build, integrate and deliver database infrastructure related solutions to support all ITS business applications.
The ideal candidate would have proven experience with enabling and architecting DB solutions in a public/hybrid cloud including but not limited to provisioning, configuration, migration from on premise to the cloud, resource optimization with metered instances and day-to-day operations.
- Perform database provisioning and delivery of database infrastructure onto network as part of merger and acquisition programs. The focus will be on migration of applications on-premise.
- Work closely with our Operations Service Delivery partner to perform knowledge transfer (KT) training to Level 2 and Level 3 staff, support and optimize DB infrastructure.
- Responsible to support business projects directly and be responsive to developers and integrators.
Coordinates physical changes to computer databases; codes, tests, and implements physical databases. Designs logical and physical databases. Reviews description of changes to database design to understand how changes affect the physical database (how data is stored in terms of physical characteristics such as location, amount of space, and access method). Establishes physical database parameters. Codes database descriptions and specifies identifiers of database to database management system or directs others in coding database descriptions. Calculates optimum values for database parameters such as amount of computer memory to be used by databases. Specifies database access levels for users. Tests, corrects errors, and refines changes to databases. Enters codes to create production databases. Selects and enters codes of utility program to monitor database performance, such as distribution of records and amount of available memory. Directs programmers and analysts to make changes to database management system. Reviews and corrects programs. Trains and answers user questions. Confers with co-workers to determine impact of database changes on other systems and staff cost for making changes to databases. Tunes database programs to increase processing performance.
6 to 9 years.
- 5+ yrs. experience with SQL Server 2008 and above.
- Experience in mass migration of SQL server instances and databases.
- Experience with Backup & Recovery techniques, database cloning, database refresh techniques.
- Experience with DB disaster recovery/business continuity and DB replication implementation using SQL AlwaysOn, DB mirroring and Cloud geo-redundancy solutions.
- Knowledge of the features of PostgreSQL and MySQL
- Understanding of UNIX/Linux architecture, AWS EC2, tools and shell scripting, including Lambda on AWS.
- Good awareness of Cloud network structures such as VPC’ s, VPN’ s, subnets, etc.
- 2+ yrs experience with AWS RDS, Azure or GCP cloud database services.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, engaging peers and other departments to accomplish assigned goals and effectively manage projects in a cross-functional environment.
Bachelor’ s Degree in Information Systems, or a like area of studies.
Kaztronix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.In addition, all human resource actions in such areas as compensation, employee benefits, transfers, layoffs, training and development are to be administered objectively, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.