Dev Ops Engineer II
1800 Arch St Philadelphia, PA 19103
A Global Media Company is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join their team in Philadelphia, PA!
* Responsible for design, development, implementation, and analysis of technical products and systems.
* Performs engineering design evaluations. May develop a range of products.
* Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
* Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
* Responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing production software issues. Development of monitoring solutions, performing software maintenance and implementing solutions
* Develop standards and procedures for measuring product quality and release readiness
* Make recommendations related to testing techniques and processes
* Bachelor' s degree in engineering and 3 to 6 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
* Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
* Experience automating the deployment of software using tools such as Puppet, Chef and Ansible
* Experience of Jenkins for continuous integration
* Ability to utilize and work with a large variety of open source technologies and tools
* Experience with systems and IT operations
* Data management skills with an emphasis in automation tools
* Experienced with revision control systems including branching and tagging strategies using Github"
* Able to build strong relationships with QA and Software Engineers in an operational capacity to maintain continuous delivery of critical systems
* Experience provisioning and managing applications in both virtual and cloud infrastructures (AWS and Openstack preferred)
* Strong skillset in deployment and network operations, or sys-admins who have a background in scripting and coding
* Container experience in Docker and Kubernetes