1050 Enterprise Way Sunnyvale, CA 94089
A Global Media Company is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join their team in Sunnyvale, CA!
We’ re looking for a dedicated and passionate DevOps engineer to join our cloud networking team. If you have experience building and operating scalable, cloud based, web applications, are excited about impacting millions of users, look no further!
We practice Agile/Scrum methodology and we program in a variety of languages such as Python, C/C++, Node.js, & Java. We are building a large scale and high performance cloud based networking service platform that will deliver the next generation of Internet services across private and public networks.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will specialize in developing tools for a continuous deployment of a cloud based networking service platform. You will also help operate and monitor the service.
- Development and design of systems, with a focus on automation and maintainability at a large scale
- Software and hardware testing and deployment to staging and production environments
- Platform integration: Programmatic infrastructure management
- Develop software infrastructure and build tools useful in development lifecycle
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across dev, qa, monitoring and other cross functional teams
- Maintain and monitor production systems for capacity issues, performance and conduct proactive health-checks
- Incident trouble shooting, with quick remediation for issues
- 4+ years as Systems Administrator/Engineer, DevOps Engineer or platform developer in a mid to large Linux environment
- Strong IT/Ops background with focus on Process and MOPs
- Strong Linux fundamentals, with experience in Centos, RPM
- Solid understanding of containers, familiar with Kubernetes or other orchestration system
- Familiarity with deployment and management systems such as Ansible, Puppet, Salt, Chef, Packer, Terraform, etc.
- Strong grasp and practical experience with automation and virtualization of at least one cloud platform (e.g. VMWare, OpenStack, AWS)
- Expertise in building/maintaining/sustaining monitoring systems like: nagios, op5, etc.
- Strong with at least one scripting and/or high level language: Python, Node.js, Java, Shell, Perl, Golang
- Production experience working with load balancers and web stack based application environments
- Solid grasp of operating and managing NoSQL DB such as Cassandra, Hadoop
- Familiarity with REST/SOAP/JSON APIs
- Systems and application monitoring and performance tuning knowledge a plus
- Familiarity with messaging systems like ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, and Kafka is a plus
- Experience with distributed file system (GlusterFS/Ceph) a plus
- Experience in AWS VPC, Networking and Security
- Self-motivated, with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in building, maintaining, supporting Cloud based applications with 24x7 monitoring of logs and alerts.
- Bachelor’ s degree in computer science or related field. Master’ s preferred.