Engineer-System Performance - III
2785 Mitchell Dr Walnut Creek, CA 94598
- Optimizes the network using traditional means (KPI monitoring, real-time analysis, etc).
- Utilizes multiple tools to optimize system performance.
- Works to automate processes and provides feedback to improve automation mechanisms
- Quickly adopts new methods and processes.
- Analyzes internal and external benchmarking and third-party test results and implements solutions to improve those results and meet KPI objectives.
- Collaborates with other Network groups to determine best design and customer experience (e.g., network assurance, RF design, construction, etc.).
- Considers numerous factors including time-to-market, cost, RF conditions, etc, in making performance, optimization, planning, and design decisions.
- Advocates for the customer in performance and optimization related matters.
- Troubleshoots VoLTE and LTE issues, including dropped calls, handoff issues, low throughput, etc, by investigating detailed call flows, over-the-air messaging, and RF information.
- Tests issues in the field to validate performance and optimizes new assets as they are activated.
- Investigates and resolves customer complaints.
- Interfaces with all levels of management.
- Typically manages multiple projects at a time.
- Quickly responds to critical system impacting issues and works with various teams to resolve as soon as possible.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or other related degree. Masters degree a plus.
- 2-5 years of experience in the cellular or telecommunications industry.
- Experience with Ericsson RAN equipment and knowledge of OSS is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Strong analytic, interpersonal, and communication skills are required.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Experience in automating tasks and scripting is a plus
- Moderate to minimum supervision over work product.
- Self-motivated with demonstrated initiative.
- Works independently on routine research and reporting functions.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
Kaztronix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.In addition, all human resource actions in such areas as compensation, employee benefits, transfers, layoffs, training and development are to be administered objectively, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.