Engineer-Transport - II
400 International Pkwy Richardson, TX 75081
Define, engineer, and resolve network capacity requirements for Intelligent Edge, long haul and metro transport network utilizing high capacity next generation lightwave and wave division multiplexing technologies to meet network services capacity, vulnerability, diversity and growth requirements.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Perform detailed equipment engineering for network augments. This includes developing all of the specifications required for installation forces to properly install, turn-up, inventory, and configure the equipment, obtaining appropriate management approvals, issuing purchase orders, creating applicable diagrams/ drawings, and ensuring vendor delivery.
- Ensure that work meets all applicable engineering, financial, planning, and operational standards.
- Develop Bill of Material and place orders for network equipment, rack, and hardware requirements.
- Define cable requirements, create cable running lists, and order all cables.
- Order all spares required based on sparing plan or directed by capacity management.
- Manage, input, and update central Network Inventory Database (i.e. ICON, Nautilus, CoFEE) to reflect new builds, adds, and decommissions.
Bachelor' s degree in engineering, networking, computer, telecommunications or equivalent job-related experience, 5-6 years progressive, technical experience required.
Experience in Engineering and/or Installation and Testing in one (or more) of the following Transport technologies:
- Ciena, Nortel, Fujitsu, Cisco, Alcatel-Lucent, and Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) equipment platforms is essential.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suites and drawing complex system diagrams using CAD-based software is preferred.
- Teamwork: Candidate must be able to work well with others (as a team) and individually (on your own projects) with a positive attitude.
- Communication Skills: A good verbal/written communication skills are required for this job.
- Project Management: Candidate will be working on several projects at a time and good project/ time management are required for this job.