Engineer-Transport - III
10801 Bush Lake Rd Bloomington, MN 55438
Responsible for supporting the transport engineering team with projects such as the cell build program, TDM re-grooming, Fiber to Cell, Ethernet Backhaul, and small cells.
These are the responsible tasks that this job will entail:
- Responsible for sending out request for proposals to transport vendors to obtain price quotes for transport related services via our internal system named TESS which is PeopleSoft based.
- Responsible for submitting circuit orders (ASRs) for T1s, Trunks, Ethernet Backhaul, DS3, OCx, and dark fiber.
- This person must have a strong background in trunking type 2A and 2B because most of the ASRs will be for trunk groups.
- Negotiating with transport vendors for timely delivery of service and managing the vendors for a timely completion.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate records are populated via the Granite Xng database.
- Responsible for working with internal teams and transport vendors to coordinate re-groom projects.
- This person must be willing to take direction from multiple team members and be very well organized.
- Has the potential to assist with program management so must be able to effectively leading a conference call and tracking projects.
- Responsible to manage budget and purchase orders so strong MS Excel skills are a must
- 2 year associate degree
- A minimum of 5 years experience in telecommunications with focus on transport.
- Strong networking experience to include Layer-1, Layer-2, & Layer-3 principles.
- Experience with the Telcordia Granite Inventory (formerly Xpercom/Xng) circuit inventory system.
- Proficient in office computer applications: Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, and Google Suite
- Excellent analytic, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Decision making skills (making appropriate use of available information and data; making sound decisions with minimal support from Manager; and being responsible for specific projects or definable portions of larger projects or processes.)
- Superior organizational and planning skills (setting and communicating priorities; anticipating workload impact on resources of both self and team; delegating where appropriate; and consistently following up on outstanding items).
- Ability to maintain performance level under varying degrees of pressure and uncertainty and to effectively deal with situations for which few or no guidelines exist.
- Flexible and creative (seeks out and attempts alternate solutions to resolve issues, and seamlessly adjusts to a dynamic, changing business environment).
- Valid drivers license required.
Kaztronix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.In addition, all human resource actions in such areas as compensation, employee benefits, transfers, layoffs, training and development are to be administered objectively, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.