Engineer-Transport - III
126 W Gemini Dr Tempe, AZ 85283
Transport Engineer III
Work with local team and fiber providers on design, planning, and implementation of fiber fronthaul and backhaul services to hubs, macro sites, and small cells. Must be familiar with the installation and integration of transport equipment such as Nokia routers and DWDM equipment. Position is not in the field, but candidate must be able to pull site information from existing databases and be able to speak to the sites and the network design with those that are in the field. Receive RFIs on cell sites and quickly find the information and return it so projects stay moving. Review close-out packages to ensure the needed work was completed per drawings. There is a very heavy emphasis on ensuring information in the project and site databases are accurate and updated in real-time, as well as tracking timelines and ensuring dates in the project database are up do date. Must be able to work well in a group as well as being a driven individual contributor. Will be responsible for working with the correct teams / functional groups, to gather information.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
Must possess / have strong experience with:
- Soft skills and a technical background.
- Microsoft Office / G Suites.
- Outside plant in regard to hand holes and conduit installation.
- Construction drawings in regard to ROW, meet points, and easements for fiber.
- Use of tracking and database software (Granite, Sales Force, or comparable applications).
- Installation of transport equipment (Fuji, Ciena, Nokia).
- Working with 3rd parties to help gather information on specific cell sites (Addresses, Lats. Longs, Site Access)
- Working on large fiber build-out / conversions in a fast paced, time-line driven environment.
- Experience with CPRI
- Experience with cutsheets and CQ' s
- Experience with EBH
- Experience with macro and small cells
- Experience with Tableau
8 hour day shift, Monday - Friday.
Kaztronix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.In addition, all human resource actions in such areas as compensation, employee benefits, transfers, layoffs, training and development are to be administered objectively, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.