Implementation Engineer _ Telecommunications Engineer - I
North Union Street Petersburg, VA 23803
Perform Field Engineering and Vendor Management responsibilities for various build initiatives in the Intelligent Edge and legacy networks. Candidate will engineer and manage multiple simultaneous projects. The position requires involvement throughout the life cycle of a build, in particular to resolve technical issues as they present themselves.
The Engineer will utilize Capacity Creation Process (CCP) system, CoFEE system, Capital Management system, vSAP, and other internal systems to document all technical solutions and ensure a timely deployment of all builds. Functional Responsibilities Include:
- Engineering details will include but not be limited to project-specific installation instructions, engineering database (ICON, CCP) updates, equipment configurations, card/port assignments/requirements, power mapping, cable running lists, floor space and rack placement, and detailed Bill of Material (BOM).
- Coordinate and drive Engineering issues to resolution
- Manage multiple Capacity Creation Requests for new hardware deployments, reconfigurations, decommissions, and First Office Application (FOA) projects.
- Negotiate and coordinate overall project schedules for Engineering activities, Construction start and completion dates.
- Accurately identify, monitor, report, escalate, and resolve technical issues encountered throughout the build process
- Visit locations for the end-of-job (EOJ) walk through / audit of build for installation practice adherence.
- Maintain excellent communication with Project Manager, Functional Team Members and Direct Management to ensure early identification of issues and timely reporting of status.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
College degree with focus in area of engineering or other technical discipline or relative experience. Highly motivated, self-supervised, customer focused individual with organizational and leadership skills to push all projects to completion, using conflict resolution, facilitation, solution-driven analysis, superior communication and project methodology in combination with technical expertise in telecom network engineering. Military experience a strong plus. Excellent Excel, Word and other MS application skills a must.
Kaztronix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.In addition, all human resource actions in such areas as compensation, employee benefits, transfers, layoffs, training and development are to be administered objectively, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.