Implementation Engineer _ Telecommunications Engineer - I
2950 Zanker Rd San Jose, CA 95134
Candidate will be responsible for providing technical smart-hand support -i.e. hardware racking/cabling, configuration of various network gears, troubleshooting, audits decommission of dedicated and shared managed hosting infrastructure.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities
- Rack, Stack, Cable and Label new hardware.
- Extend circuits (fiber; copper; coax) from demarc drop points to the hardware in question.
- Provide remote hands for break/fix activities
- Work with power provisioning team to select server install locations based on power and connectivity needs of the new hardware.
- Wipe/degauss turned down/canceled hardware as appropriate (maintain drive wipe logs; degauss logs, and note degaussed drives for HIPPA compliance).
- Vet access requests for vendor maintenance and escort vendor technicians to work on hardware as appropriate.
- Maintain records of replenishable supplies (CAT-6 cabling; fiber cabling; machine labeling materials; etc.) and work with procurement to obtain supplies as needed.
- Assist the Backups group with: Weekly tape rotation, Replenish tape library with new scratch and cleaning tapes and Load media as requested for restores.
- Perform logical and physical audits of Servers, Ports, and Connection when requested.
- Participate in conference calls during an outage
- Provide 24x7x365 coverage in the datacenter, email, hotline, and Vendor escorts.
- US Citizen
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience
- 1 to 3 years of data center experience
- Ability to quickly and efficiently address customer needs by providing solutions to customer issues or escalating to another support group when necessary.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and succinctly to our customers in regards to issues.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills.
- Strong communicator with the ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to lift and move 50 to 75lb objects.
Kaztronix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.In addition, all human resource actions in such areas as compensation, employee benefits, transfers, layoffs, training and development are to be administered objectively, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.