Implementation Engineer _ Telecommunications Engineer - III
400 International Pkwy Richardson, TX 75081
Core Equipment Engineering (CEE) under the Wireline Network Operations and Engineering organization is responsible for working with many teams to perform Center Engineering, Detailed Engineering, Project Coordination and the fulfillment of materials and services.
CEE provides install teams with detailed project installation specifications (I-Specs) then orders and tracks material while maintaining databases for the handling of project deliverables and equipment assets. The hire will be expected to drive internal and external vendor teams to meet construction timelines while meeting equipment Engineering standards.
Experience with or a deep understanding of Physical Equipment Installs, Project Management and in updating complex systems/tools is required. Other necessary skills are: Effective communication, Negotiating with and motivating other teams, Problem solving skills and Self-motivation.
This position focuses on the network equipment for projects at Data Centers and major sites that are needed for various computing technologies: VoIP, Cloud, Security, Network Virtualization and Software Defined Network. The team may also support peers who work on Transport, Public IP, Private IP and an Internal Data Network (IP Mgmt).
The selected candidate will fulfill functions within the organization that may include:
- Perform detailed equipment engineering for new network build outs and augments. This includes the creation of I-Specs for installation forces to properly install, turn-up, inventory, and configure the equipment, obtaining appropriate management approvals, requisitioning of project materials/equipment, and ensuring vendor delivery.
- Creation of I-Spec which includes: Coordinate Detail Engineering, Equipment/Hardware/Cable Ordering, delivery and Installation. Set and track appropriate dates and facilitate communication/coordination between cross functional teams to ensure successful, on-time completion.
- Ensure that work meets all applicable engineering, financial, planning, and operational standards.
- Manage, input, and update Engineering Databases (i.e. ICON, Venue) to reflect new builds, adds, and decommissions.
- Provide general guidance to cross functional teams as it pertains to Network projects, systems, and process.
- Resolve a wide array of engineering issues in coordination with other internal/external organizations.
- Maintain higher level privileges and access to system applications that are required to manipulate the engineering data.
- 5-10 years related experience with Equipment/Detailed Engineering
- Fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in the MS Office suite
- Detail oriented
- Strong knowledge in job related functional area and of the telecommunications business
- Technical degree preferred
Kaztronix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.In addition, all human resource actions in such areas as compensation, employee benefits, transfers, layoffs, training and development are to be administered objectively, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.