Internet of Things Engineer
1800 Arch St Philadelphia, PA 19103
A Global Media Company is seeking a talented iOT Engineer to join their team in Philadelphia, PA!
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with strong attention to detail to join our Research and Development Team as an Engineer. In this role, you will work in an implementation role designing emerging M2M & IoT solutions. This individual will work with the engineering staff and the product team to implement the features and functionality of the machineQ hardware product family. This individual will work with on an engineering team to design, prototype, and build LoRaWAN sensors, gateways and application servers.
All candidates MUST have a broad background in embedded systems and wireless devices with demonstrated experience building/designing/prototyping devices. The ideal candidate should have expertise in PCB design, firmware, production-ready designs, wireless IoT connectivity, API integrations for hardware to cloud connectivity. The candidate must have experience working with ODM/OEM/CM to design and build production-ready devices.
* Design, prototype, build, test, and debug embedded firmware and hardware systems for commercial IoT deployments.
* Develop and document circuit and system designs and specifications.
* Transition prototypes into production by designing/building test fixtures and generating test procedures and related manufacturing tooling.
* Prototype full software solutions of IoT sensors, devices, gateways, and cloud.
* Develop production quality software for embedded systems.
* Conceptualize, design, and build hardware designs, schematics, PCB.
* Troubleshoot, debug, and existing hardware/software platforms.
* Identify and protect intellectual property.
* Minimum 10 years in R&D with developing software of embedded wireless devices/gateways with an emphasis on forward looking designs.
* MUST have at least 10 years of experience prototyping hardware, schematic design, and RF antenna design and testing.
* MUST have 8+ years in software development experience with expertise in C/C++ and experience with modern software engineering practices (source control, continuous integration, code reviews, etc.)
* MUST have experience with at least one IoT wireless technology: Bluetooth, LoRaWAN, Zigbee, Zwave, or other 900 MHz/2.4GHz band PHY/MAC.
* Experience using bench tools such as spectrum analyzers, and signal generators.
* 4-year engineering or computer science degree from top college/university; masters degree or PhD preferred.
* Strong theoretical and practical fundamentals in electrical, computer, and RF engineering.
* Strong organizational, technical, and communication skills
* Ability to adapt to changing product requirements and manage deadlines
* Masters degree or PhD in electrical/biomed/computer engineering or science.
* Exposure to cloud-based technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP) and protocols (MQTT, REST, etc.)
* Experience with embedded open source Linux distributions (e.g. Linux, Buildroot, and Yocto).
* Experience developing Linux hardware drivers.
* Experience with automated testing and scripting (e.g. Python)
Kaztronix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.In addition, all human resource actions in such areas as compensation, employee benefits, transfers, layoffs, training and development are to be administered objectively, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.