Java- Spring Software Developer
1110 Vermont Ave NW Washington, DC 20005
A Major Telecom Company is seeking a AWS Java/Rest/Spring Software Developer in Washington, DC.
* Codes software applications to adhere to designs supporting internal business requirements or external customers. Standardizes the quality assurance procedure for software.
* Oversees testing and develops fixes.
* Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision.
* Monitor and maintain operational readiness of Middleware Applications including applications hosted in AWS cloud.
* Identify opportunities for system enhancements that will deliver enhanced functionality and/or simplify system administration. Facilitate and develop plans for application changes (including defects fixes, enhancements and/or configuration changes).
* Configure and test changes to system including reports, security access, and workflow. Perform/Coordinate configuration changes to the production environment.
* Work closely with BA/QA team members to create test plans and ensure that issues are properly identified, fixed, and tested.
* May require a bachelor' s degree in a related area and 5 to 8 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
* Experienced mentor with the ability to work in a collaborative environment and coach other team members on coding practices, design principles, and implementation patterns that lead to high-quality maintainable solutions.
* Services - Expert-level implementation skills in building highly scalable services (SOAP and REST)
* Spring - Expert-level implementation skills with the Core Spring Framework and including other sub-projects like Spring JMS, Spring Security, Spring Data and Spring Integration.
* Skilled at building modern REST Web services
* Experience with additional scripting languages such as Python and Ruby a plus
* Experience consuming API/web-based services
* Experience with HTTP and TCP/IP
* A certain degree of creativity and latitude required. Typically reports to a project leader or manager.
Kaztronix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.In addition, all human resource actions in such areas as compensation, employee benefits, transfers, layoffs, training and development are to be administered objectively, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.