22001 Loudoun County Parkway Ashburn, VA 20147
A Global Media Company is seeking a Lab Admin/Tester to join their team in Ashburn, VA!
Defect Administration / Defect Management
Responsible for the defect management and process improvement across all projects that support both consumer and small-business services.
The position responsibilities include:
- Entry level position responsible for defect administration and management.
- Support agile product development activities, including develop/refine product requirements.
- Implement the test approach used across all aspects of project governance. This plan is used with the internal cross functional teams and with all new product vendors.
- Provide support to trail teams by tracking and assigning defects reported by the trail participants.
- Contribute to the development of new processes, techniques, and determine implementation details of applicable standards.
- Direct interaction with project management, Network Operations and PMO teams to prioritize defects and follow-through to closure.
- Meet schedule commitments to ensure timely delivery.
- Prepare and present updates for senior leadership team and for all cross-functional project teams.
- Work is varied within a sometimes ambiguous environment. Work requires constant interpretation.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 1-3 years minimal experience with product development and quality assurance
- Experience with Jira, Confluence. Must be able to manage projects in Jira, run Jira queries and generate reports.
- Understanding of Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience with running defect calls involving cross-functional teams.
- Experience with Quality Assurance and Testing.
- Experience with defect lifecycle management.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills – Must be able to understand instructions and to communicate issues to management.
- Must have strong, self-starter personality and be able to work independently with very little direction, for example: assemble cross functional team, research solution, recommend solution to management, open trouble ticket with vendors and follow through to a solution.
- Organized with a strong attention to detail
- Basic knowledge and understanding of writing SQL queries.
- Strong data analysis and mining skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills: Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint. Expert level experience with Excel and Excel graphs and charts
- Bachelor’ s / advanced degree
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Expert in scripting and running SQL quesries