Route 22 West Somerville, NJ 08876
Position/Job Description for: Lab Technician
The Lab Technician will:
- Be responsible for conducting microbiology testing, recording and transmitting data in support scientific studies as assigned. Activities may include, stability studies under GMPs, zone of inhibition testing, water testing, weighing of chemicals and preparation of media as wells as new test methods.
- The individual will be required to be trained on company, department as well as safety procedures that are related to the essential job functions.
- Maintain inventory of lab supplies and purchase supplies as needed.
- Collect, record, and document data as per requirements with minimum supervision.
- Respond to study demands and able to handle several different project related tasks simultaneously.
- Recognize abnormal and normal study characteristics (deviations from normal) and suggest changes as appropriate. Learn from experience of self and others. Evaluate and communicates risk appropriately. Assess potential risks proactively to avoid problems.
Required Education, Training and/or Experience:
Minimum BS in microbiology or related science and 1-2 years laboratory experience.
Experience in a GMP/GLP environment preferred.