625 E Catawba Ave Mount Holly, NC 28120
Performs routine chemical and physical analysis of samples submitted to the analytical lab from production, pilot plant or an R&D laboratory.
- Ensures that solutions are standardized and monitor samples have been tested.
- Ensures that samples are analyzed according to established test methods.
- Ensures that test results are correctly entered into the computer system.
Equipment Maintenance and Troubleshooting:
- Initiates routine maintenance on instruments and other laboratory equipment.
- Initiates troubleshooting of a test method or instrument when there are problems in either of these areas.
- Initiates repairs or modifications to solve problems or proposes solutions to solve the problem.
Safety and Training:
- Attends and participates in department safety meetings and 5S housekeeping activities.
- Completes all required annual ESHA training.
- Provides on the job training for lab technician starting in the quality control lab.
- Conducts daily and weekly inventories of lab chemicals and other necessary supplies.
- Maintains the sample storage areas in a neat and organized fashion.
- Serves as the lab representative in the absence of the Analytical Lab Manager.
1 - 3 years experience in an analytical laboratory
Good computer skills (Microsoft Office and Outlook);
SAP experience very desirable;
Good math skills;
Ability to work with minimal supervision and at times alone.
Must be self -motivated.
High school graduate (minimum); associate' s or bachelor' s degree in chemistry or science related field (preferred)