Manager of Software Engineering (Hybrid)
Hawthorne, NY US
(Hawthorne, NY / hybrid on-site 3x days)
Software Developer Manager who will lead developers, designers, project managers, and members of the E-Commerce, Marketing and IT teams to design, develop and deploy cutting-edge web and omnichannel experiences. Developer will build and maintain eCommerce sites and web applications and will also be responsible for code review and on-time delivery of new feature developments, implementing improvements and changes to software applications as well as troubleshoot issues.
- Drive technical, architectural, and functional discussions to solve complex business problems
- Responsible for application architecture, design and development, and work closely with the corporate architecture team to set application development standards that adhere to the company's standards, and ensure adherence to those standards by employees and offshore contractors.
- Identify, develop and document component/module level solution designs based on business requirements
- Monitor the quality and provide continuous feedback and comments through code review, guiding team members using best practices and known design patterns.
- Recommend and implement system enhancements, new third-party integrations and tools, patches or upgrades necessary to support system stability and performance
- Provide leadership and mentoring for a talented web development team
- Ensure proper engineering and documentation practices are followed
- Work with cross functional teams including stakeholders to identify best approaches for technology solutions that meet business needs, while accurately forecasting development effort
- Provide support and troubleshooting for all related systems and technologies
- Dotted line management of vendor and project teams to ensure quality software product delivery
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or related field
- 5-7 years’of demonstrated full stack software development experience
- 2-3 years’experience in leading software development teams
- 5 years of hands-on coding experience in backend development using Python and Node JS and consuming/developing APIs including GraphQL and REST.
- 2-3 years of experience working with E-Commerce platforms such as Shopify, Magento, SalesForce Commerce Cloud, BigCommerce, or Kibo
- Strong working knowledge of AWS serverless cloud services such as API Gateway, Lambda, Event Bridge, SQS, SNS, S3, CloudWatch. Google Cloud is a plus.
- Experience with mobile-first responsive web design
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Familiarity with build and deployment tools like, Jenkins, Gulp or similar