Network Consulting Engineer - III
22001 Loudoun County Pkwy Ashburn, VA 20147
Takes on several components of a project or a complex component of a project. Utilizes specialized knowledge to complete non-routine tasks. Troubleshoots problems and recommends appropriate action. Incumbent handles most problems and issues independently and determines course of action for ambiguous issues. Normally receives minimal instructions on non-routine work assignments and only general instructions on new or more complex assignments. Decisions are made independently. Assigned multiple projects are generally reviewed after completion. Contact is typically coordinative in nature and involves exchanging detailed technical information. May deal with both internal and external contacts. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of engineering principles, of job-relatedfunctional area, of telecommunications technology and the business. B.S. degree in technical area. 7-10 years of experience
Professional Services - Senior Consultant - Network & Systems Integration
Describe in detail the tasks that the worker will be performing on a daily basis. Elaborate on the project/s they will work on and overall functions of this group. Best to put in paragraph form as a brief synopsis of the fundamental expectations of the proper candidate.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- In-depth knowledge and demonstrable experience in designing and implementing switching and routing protocols, Wide Area Network (WAN) infrastructure, Viptela SDWAN technologies, Cloud Networking knowledge (Private, Public, Hybrid), Local Area Network (LAN) infrastructure, Quality of Service (QoS), Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) on an enterprise level
- Expertise in designing and implementing WAN acceleration, WAN optimization, Wi-Fi / WLAN, WAN/LAN failover solutions and redundancy, Internet Protocol version six (IPv6) and multi-vendor networks.
- Strong knowledge of wireless management and configuration.
- Strong knowledge of Cisco IOS and familiarity with the Cisco product line.
- Practical knowledge of network monitoring and management protocols (SNMP etc.).
- Experience deploying Skype for Business / Teams as a softphone.
- Prior experience with administration of enterprise networks.
- Ability to define network processes and procedures and develop work plans.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures to determine appropriate action
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to summarize technical concepts and communicate to senior level management
- Ability to work effectively with and provide guidance to other members of the work group
Hands on experience with network physical layer 1:
- Closet build. Implementation work in telecommunications closet. Working knowledge.
- Cabling systems
- Cable and fiber patching
- Rack and stack of network equipment
- Closet labeling - cables and network devices
- Circuits and circuit termination
- Architecture, design, and development of end to end Wi-Fi Solutions for customers (Cisco, Cisco Meraki, Extreme Networks, Aruba).
- Responsible RF design, RF propagation modeling, site survey' s at enterprise locations with tools such as Ekahau & AirMagnet.
- Data collection, troubleshooting, interference analysis, and RF optimization.
- Implementation technical oversight, integration of Wi-Fi solutions into the macro network.
- Background in Wireless/Mobility/Cellular networks and Networking/Internetworking devices, protocols and operating systems.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree in a technical field (Computer Science Electrical Engineering preferred) or equivalent plus 5 + years related experience. Cisco Certified Network Architect (CCNA) - routing & switching, voice, or wireless) certification and/or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) - routing & switching or voice) certification required.
Standard 9-5. Some weekend or off hours work required for network implementations. Can work remotely.
Kaztronix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.In addition, all human resource actions in such areas as compensation, employee benefits, transfers, layoffs, training and development are to be administered objectively, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.