Network Consulting Engineer - III
400 International Pkwy Richardson, TX 75081
Takes on several components of a project or a complex component of a project. Utilizes specialized knowledge to complete non-routine tasks. Troubleshoots problems and recommends appropriate action. Incumbent handles most problems and issues independently and determines course of action for ambiguous issues. Normally receives minimal instructions on non-routine work assignments and only general instructions on new or more complex assignments. Decisions are made independently. Assigned multiple projects are generally reviewed after completion. Contact is typically coordinative in nature and involves exchanging detailed technical information. May deal with both internal and external contacts. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of engineering principles, of job-relatedfunctional area, of telecommunications technology and the business. B.S. degree in technical area. 7-10 years of experience
Network Senior Consultant
- Working with networking technologies that include some or all of the following: LAN switches, routers, Wireless LAN controllers, Wireless APs, and SDWAN routing and WAN connectivity, Cisco Meraki.
- Customer project work may include network design and implementation to support greenfield site deployments, technology refreshes, mergers, acquisitions, decommissions and divestitures.
- Network design assistance:
- Drafting proposed network diagrams, documentation, and other technical communication and peer review artifacts;
- Testing of proposed configurations and designs as needed to determine compliance with Customers stated requirements;
- Preparing configuration templates for various types of Cisco devices; and
- Working with equipment vendors to evaluate possible hardware options.
- Network Implementation assistance:
- Evaluating existing network configurations for compliance against Customer standards;
- Recommending changes to existing configurations to solve specific Customer issues;
- Preparing detailed change plans for peer review;
- Executing changes on existing network equipment; and
- Testing and documenting all changes made to network equipment.
- Other network design and implementation tasks may be performed as mutually agreed
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- Proven track record of leading multiple large networking projects
- Thorough understanding of network and routing protocols including BGP, OSPF, STP, HSRP, VRRP and ACLs
- In-depth knowledge and demonstrable experience in designing and implementing switching and routing protocols, Wide Area Network (WAN) infrastructure, Viptela SDWAN technologies, Cloud Networking knowledge (Private, Public, Hybrid), Local Area Network (LAN) infrastructure, Quality of Service (QoS), Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) on an enterprise level
- Expertise in designing and implementing WAN acceleration, WAN optimization, Wi-Fi / WLAN, WAN/LAN failover solutions and redundancy, Internet Protocol version six (IPv6) and multi-vendor networks.
- Strong knowledge of wireless management and configuration.
- Strong knowledge of Cisco IOS and familiarity with the Cisco product line.
- Practical knowledge of network monitoring and management protocols (SNMP etc.).
- Experience deploying Skype for Business / Teams as a softphone.
- Prior experience with administration of enterprise networks.
- Ability to define network processes and procedures and develop work plans.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures to determine appropriate action
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to summarize technical concepts and communicate to senior level management
- Ability to work effectively with and provide guidance to other members of the work group
- Experience in network troubleshooting using various tools: Wireshark, Sniffer, Solarwinds, etc.
- Demonstrated Strong infrastructure design/configuration/test/trouble shooting ability.
- Strong understanding of network management tools
- Architecture, design, and development of end to end Wi-Fi Solutions for customers (Cisco, Cisco Meraki, Extreme Networks, Aruba).
- Responsible RF design, RF propagation modeling, site survey' s at enterprise locations with tools such as Ekahau & AirMagnet.
- Data collection, troubleshooting, interference analysis, and RF optimization.
- Implementation technical oversight, integration of Wi-Fi solutions into the macro network.
- Background in Wireless/Mobility/Cellular networks and Networking/Internetworking devices, protocols and operating systems.
- VoIP and knowledge of IP based protocols (SIP) is a plus.
This section would describe the " perfect candidate". These skills are not required to perform the role, but would be helpful and in some cases could supersede a missing " must have" skill.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree in a technical field (Computer Science Electrical Engineering preferred) or equivalent plus 5 + years related experience. Cisco Certified Network Architect (CCNA) - routing & switching, voice, or wireless) certification and/or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) - routing & switching or voice) certification required.
Standard 9-5 with some weekend and/or off hours work for network implementations.
Kaztronix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.In addition, all human resource actions in such areas as compensation, employee benefits, transfers, layoffs, training and development are to be administered objectively, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.