Network Engineer - II
200 S Civic Center Dr Columbus, OH 43215
The Senior Network Consulting Engineer will provide hands-on engineering services in support of large Enterprise Managed Services customers, to include the design, implementation and ongoing support across multiple platforms and technology disciplines for WAN, LAN, Wireless, Voice, Unified Communications and Security solutions.
- Preparing network schematics to define and illustrate network design solutions.
- Creating hardware and software configuration upgrades.
- Providing IP addressing and routing strategies.
- Preparing detailed work orders for technicians.
Youll need to have:
- Four or more years of relevant experience.
- Must possess a broad and thorough technical understanding and have experience in designing, configuring, implementing & testing, troubleshooting and supporting multi-site critical network environments that consist of multi-vendor Routers, Switches, Wireless LAN, WAN Accelerator, VoIP, Firewall & Network Security.
- Hands-on experience designing and configuring various routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, EIGRP IGRP, HSRP, RIPv1 & RIPv2.
- Hands on experience with complex QoS and VLAN configurations and designs.
- Ability to produce and review Network Analysis reports, and make technical recommendations.
- Strong customer interfacing skills, have excellent oral and written communication skills, a strong attention to detail, and good organizational skills.
- The ability to work on multiple projects/activities concurrently, and research technical issues and develop solutions.
- Advanced problem solving skills including conceptual and analytical thinking and capable of working on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
Even better if you have:
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification.
- Experience with Cisco LAN switching, Juniper routing and Wireless products.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with contemporary technologies including MPLS, TCP/IP, IPSec, BGP, QoS, IP Telephony, Multicast, and/or other similar features.
- Cisco Viptela Software Defined Networking (SD-WAN) experience.
- Vendor certification - For IP networks, engineers must have at least a Cisco CCNP/CCDP/CCDA or equivalent practical knowledge, and/or Juniper JNCIS with a higher level certification preferred (example - CCIE or JNCIE).
Kaztronix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.In addition, all human resource actions in such areas as compensation, employee benefits, transfers, layoffs, training and development are to be administered objectively, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.