Network Engineer - II
7437 Henry Clay Blvd Liverpool, NY 13088
Advanced understanding and applied skills with regard to Cisco routing and switching hardware, Operating systems, configuration, and principals of network design.
JOB TITLE: Legacy Network Engineer
Responsible for the daily Operation and maintenance of network and security infrastructure within the region. Providing Move/Add/Change and 24x7 break/fix support for Cisco routers, switches and Check Point firewalls.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- Advanced Cisco routing skills - hands on field experience with hardware, OS, and configuration
- Advanced Cisco switching skills L2/L3 - hands on field experience with hardware, OS and Configuration
- High technical independence with networking infrastructure. Design & troubleshooting concepts
- Advanced understanding of LAN & WAN design and architectures
- Experience with Check Point Firewall administration / Policy management
- Experience with design and management of security network environments.
- Field experience with Copper and Fiber patch cabling, lateral cable infrastructure, and cable termination systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Advanced experience with Cisco CATos
- Advanced experience in the design, implementation, and administration of Checkpoint HA Firewalls using GAIA
- Cisco ACS Administration experience
- Cisco Networking Certifications
Please indicate whether education and/or certifications are required or desired.
Please indicate whether this position is standard 9-5, if weekend work is required, if the person need to be " on call" at any time, etc.
Kaztronix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.In addition, all human resource actions in such areas as compensation, employee benefits, transfers, layoffs, training and development are to be administered objectively, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.