Network Integration Engineer - II
7000 Weston Pkwy Cary, NC 27513
We are looking for a skilled software developer to develop, maintain and support a large custom application that is currently being utilized worldwide. Your duties will primarily revolve around maintaining existing code, modifying the software to fix errors and improve its performance, as well as, maintaining data integrity within the application. You will also be involved in system testing and validation processes, including working directly with the customers or internal departments to resolve technical issues with the application.
To be successful in this role, you will need extensive knowledge of Ruby on Rails and be able to rapidly deploy robust and maintainable code. Primary Responsibilities:
- Write clean, maintainable and efficient code.
- Design robust, scalable and secure features and functionality.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Follow best practices and drive continuous adoption.
- Handle production support issues, including maintenance and outages.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or 5 years of relevant work experience.
- 3+ years of experience developing applications with Ruby on Rails
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Thorough understanding of the philosophy and design of Ruby on Rails
- Working knowledge of relational databases, Apache, MySQL and Linux system administration.
- Experience developing large scale applications
- Able to drop into existing code, and quickly begin testing and fixing issues
Kaztronix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.In addition, all human resource actions in such areas as compensation, employee benefits, transfers, layoffs, training and development are to be administered objectively, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.