Network Operations Engineer - Cleared
7000 Weston Parkway Cary, NC 27513
The Network Operations Engineer will support the IP networks managed from the Network Operations and Security Center. Responsible for troubleshooting network problems ranging from physical layer outages to routing problems. Address customer service inquiries. Interface with LECs, other Carriers and vendors to resolve customer impacting issues.
Minimum Secret Level Security Clearance Required
Contractor personnel must have 2 to 5 years WAN/LAN Network management, Network Security and TELCOM experience and / or preferably experience gained in these areas from working in a Network Operations-management Center (NOC)
- Should be well versed in IP routing and transport and familiar with IPVPN and MPLS architectures
- Experience dealing with customers during problem resolution and operating under service level agreements highly desirable;
- Must have DoD Secret clearance or be able to successfully pass the background investigation and qualify for SECRET clearance
- Must be able to work in a rotational shift environment across including weekends and holidays.
- Hands-on experience with Cisco routers required;
- Hands-on experience with Juniper routers, EdgeAccess, firewalls, security devices, and PBX equipment a huge plus.
Candidate should have Bachelor' s degree (desired) or Associates Degree (minimum) as well as an Active Security+ certification.
Candidates should be open to overnight shift.
- Employee must have CompTIA Security+ Certification or any IAT Level II
- Employee must have DoD Secret Level Clearance or above