Network Real Estate Specialist / Developer - III
600 Hidden Ridge Dr Irving, TX 75038
Position Overview The Network Real Estate Specialist (RES direct contractor) is responsible for the schedule, coordination and completion of cell site modification projects within stated timelines. The RES is expected to work largely unsupervised and effectively prioritize multiple competing projects. The RES will be responsible for organizing activities and effectively managing multiple concurrent projects. The RES will populate and maintain project tracking databases; review, analyze, and distribute site reports; draft applications, correspondence and business case justifications; complete project related or site related forms; and manage site documentation/recordkeeping. The RES will be expected to manage third party vendors and collaborate with other internal Network departments including RF Engineering, Construction, Transport, Project Management, Network Assurance, Regulatory, Risk Management, and West Territory Compliance to make decisions and achieve business objectives.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
Site Modifications - Perform work and/or direct, monitor, and report on the progress of third party vendors (site acquisition, A&E, environmental, and legal counsel) in performing site inspections, file audits, title and environmental due diligence, design and construction drawings, regulatory compliance, Landlord consents, amendments, or other agreements, and state/local governmental approvals (zoning and permitting). Types of projects may include LTE, AWS, RET, or other antenna changes or additions; microwave changes or additions; generator retrofits, shelter upgrades, power plant (HVAC or battery) upgrades; fiber to cell upgrades, and other miscellaneous modifications at existing macro and small cell sites.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities - Minimum Requirements Work Experience:
- Minimum 3 years work experience in site acquisition, commercial real estate, or property management required.
- Minimum 1 year work experience in communications industry required, wireless experience preferred.
- Experience in legal, contract management, project management, or construction disciplines also desirable.
Other Required Skills/Abilities:
- Interpret and understand policies and procedures and effectively communicate them to third party vendors. Must have demonstrated ability to take initiative and manage multiple competing priorities while consistently meeting deadlines.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve real estate and lease related issues as needed to meet internal or external deadlines and reporting requirements. Must have demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, analyze, and solve problems.
- Successfully negotiate and work with all types of Landlords and their agents in order to preserve rights and meet contractual and regulatory obligations. Must have excellent negotiation skills, interpersonal skills, oral/written communications skills, and organizational skills. Must have knowledge of legal and financial terms and ability to read and interpret contracts.
- Proficient in using computers, including experience with Google Suite, Microsoft Office software, including Excel and Word, as well as experience with relational and web based database applications. Experience with MS PowerPoint and MS Project also desirable.
- Bachelor' s degree in business, legal, or technical field or 4 years equivalent work experience required.
- Paralegal and/or Notary certification also desirable.