OSP Engineer - I
7701 E Telecom Pkwy Temple Terrace, FL 33637
ENGINEER -This individual is a Telecommunications Professional and must be capable of engineering routine and specific outside plant work orders, both distribution and feeder. Must be capable of providing administrative and field support to the outside plant work forces. 1-5 years of experience
OSP GIS Drafter
- Requires High school degree and 2+years job-related experience or degree in related field. A combination of education and applicable work experience will be strongly considered
- General Computer Skills - Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio) Google Earth and Adobe Pro.
- Ability to read and interpret underground and aerial telecom facilities records on maps and fielding notes.
- Experience with AutoCAD or Microstation.
- Analytical Skills - The ability to solve problems using the GIS suite of tools.
- Research various websites for GIS data applicable to each project.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and make sound decisions using information at hand.
- Ability to learn FIM and other suite of tools
- Strong Verbal and Written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or in the field with limited supervision while in the field.
- Follows standard organizational practices and guidelines.
- Conduct Research to locate and obtain existing databases.
- Analyze spatial data for geographic statistics to incorporate into documents and reports.
- Design and update database, applying additional knowledge of spatial feature representations.
- Move, copy, delete, and add files, drawings, and maps to output reports in hard copy or electronic transfer.
- Convert electronic files to PDF and upload to File Management Database.
- Enter fiber or facility data into FIM system from other systems or from paper based records
- Update systems with scheduled and actual completion dates of assignments for projects
Please indicate whether education and/or certifications are required or desired.
7: 30-4: 30 M-F (All Company Holidays Off)