OSP Engineer - II
2225 Dennis St Jacksonville, FL 32204
JOB TITLE: OSP Engineer II - This individual is a Telecommunications Professional and must be capable of engineering routine and specific outside plant work orders, both distribution and feeder. Must be capable of providing administrative and field support to the outside plant work forces. 5-7 years of experience
Join our Wireline Engineering team where you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our Fiber Deployment Project needs and work with innovative ideas to document Fiber Inventory in the Inventory Management System. You will work on a diverse range of complex problems and regularly lead multiple, technically complex, large-scale projects.
This position will be with the local Wireline Engineering Team in Jacksonville, FL and the candidate will work closely and while partnering with Network Planning, Engineering and Process Organizations to drive the Technology solutions.
The position is required to lead critical business deliverables in the Fiber Inventory Management System and GIS. The systems manage the fiber inventory, engineering design, build, consumption and reporting functions and play a critical role in One Fiber, 5G and iEN programs in the company. The Fiber Inventory Management and GIS Specialist will be responsible for the documentation of physical fiber paths across the One Fiber Market. The role will assist in the management of the inventory of fiber network through database tracking of fiber routes, fiber enclosures, fiber optic cable, conduit and demand points list data.
- Use Fiber Inventory Management (FIM) Tool, 3GIS & Google Earth Pro to document routes for underground and aerial fiber optic cable in private and public right of ways from both desktop reviews and construction as-builts.
- View aerial imagery, websites and other documentation to locate cell towers, customer sites, easements to assist the Engineering team.
- Manage the conversion of source data into drawings (e.g. Shape/KML/KMZ files) showing placement of existing & new fiber optic cable in various markets.
- Ensure fiber optic database is current and accurate by inputting data regarding location of fibers and fiber enclosures into the Fiber Inventory data management system.
- Participate in design and review of new Fiber Mapping enhancements and integrations.
- Effectively interface and professionally communicate with Executive Management and colleagues in Engineering, Pricing, OSP Third Party Engineering & Construction Vendor, Project Management, Network Engineering, Finance and Accounting, among others under tight timelines.
- Create simple ad-hoc or presentation-quality maps, depending on the situation, for senior management, engineers, account executives and peers.
- Prepare information in various formats (e.g., maps, spreadsheets, slides) for executive management, construction project management, field operations, and network operations when requested.
- Organize workday efficiently to maximize productivity by utilizing proper time management techniques
- Balance priorities with consideration for importance and urgency of projects. Quickly switch between numerous small projects, requiring immediate response, and larger projects having multiple steps and longer deadlines.
- Assists in the accomplishment of company objectives by performing other related duties as assigned
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
Experience in telecom engineering, OSP field work, FTTH ODN Optical Distribution System, OSP fiber network inventory system(s), 3GIS.
REQUIRED SHIFT: 40 hours per week. Possible Over-Time may be required
Kaztronix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.In addition, all human resource actions in such areas as compensation, employee benefits, transfers, layoffs, training and development are to be administered objectively, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.