OSP Engineer - II
10000 Park Meadows Dr Lone Tree, CO 80124
Seeking candidates with OSP engineering experience deploying fiber optic networks (preferably in the Denver area). Field experience for engineering and construction as well as permit application preparation/review a plus. Individuals with 3GIS, ArcGIS, ESRI, Google Earth and other OSP telco industry standard software plaftorms a plus as well.
OSP ENGINEER -This individual is a Telecommunications Professional and must be capable of engineering routine and specific outside plant work orders, both distribution and feeder. Must be capable of providing administrative and field support to the outside plant work forces. 3-5 years of experience.
- Responsible for managing all engineering and construction activities associated with expanding and maintaining the OSP network infrastructure. Familiar with engineering and operational requirements of maintenance and fiber relocation efforts.
- Leads large scale projects, driving productivity through use of vendor resources to meet deliverables.
- Engages appropriate internal and external organizations with professional written/verbal communications to accomplish required tasks.
- Coordinates project activities with contractors, developers, municipalities and consultants.
- Proposes solutions supported by sound engineering and operational productivity to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Recognizes vulnerabilities in network infrastructure and makes intelligent decisions to ensure reliability - within financial constraints.
- Prepares detailed cost analysis, project specifications, spend forecasts, route mapping, requisitions, and business justifications.
- Processes reports, vendor invoices, material receipts, and other administrative duties.
- Receives general instruction, otherwise performs independently with minimal supervision, exercising latitude to achieve daily objectives and approaches to critical/complex assignments.
- Multi-tasks to effectively manage a wide range of simultaneous activities often interrupted by other demands.
- Responds immediately to network outages, coordinating necessary resources and activities for prompt and appropriate restoral.
- Current areas of responsibility include Denver and surround areas. Regular work conditions are 40 hours per week with some travel required. Extra hours and occasional weekend work may be required depending on business demands.
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Excellent oral, written, and listening skills, capable of interacting with customers and co-workers at most levels including executives
- Detail oriented, well organized, and effective in multi-tasking
- Capable of working independently to achieve deliverables and resolve urgent/complex issues
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of fiber optic engineering principles within OSP job related functional area to include general practices, procedures and industry standards.
- Strong Computer Skills (Databases, Processes, and Administrative) - Comprehensive knowledge and skill for more complex applications to include Word, Excel, Visio, AutoCAD, Microstation, ArcGIS/ESRI, 3GIS, Google Earth, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of FTTx network design/implementation and well as GPON architecture preferred.
- Knowledge of the network plant and local practices.
- Experience with working application of engineering systems and databases specifically geospatial applications (3GIS, Google Earth, etc).
- Working knowledge of right-of-way, property rights, and permit acquisition.
- Inside Plant knowledge is a plus