OSP Engineer - II
397 Trimble Rd San Jose, CA 95035
ENGINEER -This individual is a Telecommunications Professional and must be capable of engineering routine and specific outside plant work orders, both distribution and feeder. Must be capable of providing administrative and field support to the outside plant work forces. 5-7 years of experience
- Manages engineering and construction activities associated with expanding and maintaining the OSP network infrastructure.
- Leads complex large scale projects, driving productivity through use of vendor resources to meet deliverables with aggressive deadlines.
- Engages appropriate internal and external organizations with professional written/verbal communications to accomplish required tasks.
- Coordinates project activities with contractors, developers, municipalities and consultants.
- Proposes solutions supported by sound engineering and operational productivity to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Recognizes vulnerabilities in network infrastructure and makes intelligent decisions to ensure reliability - within financial constraints.
- Prepares detailed cost analysis, project specifications, spend forecasts, route mapping, requisitions, and business justifications.
- Provides concise reporting of status and information in presentation format for leadership consumption.
- Processes reports, vendor invoices, material receipts, and other administrative duties.
- Receives general instruction, otherwise performs independently with minimal supervision, exercising latitude to achieve daily objectives and approaches to critical/complex assignments.
- Multi-tasks to effectively manage a wide range of simultaneous activities often interrupted by other demands.
- Create Install, Splice, and Facility Prep packages for field install and test. Maintain local site and fiber records.
- Provide diversity analysis for internal groups in support of future customer orders, mesh network growth, and converged core data networks.
- Cultivate a strong, positive culture through coaching, mentoring and development.
- Possesses a degree in Engineering or related field and 6+ years of experience in telecommunications industry.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- Sound OSP/ISP engineering experience deploying fiber optic networks - preferably in the San Francisco Bay Area. Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of engineering principles within OSP/ISP job related functional area to include general practices, procedures and industry standards.
- In-depth knowledge of engineering/design and review, extensive construction and field knowledge, working knowledge with San Francisco Bay Area jurisdictions and permitting requirements/processes.
- Strong Computer Skills (Databases, Processes, and Administrative) - Robust knowledge and skill for more complex applications to include Word, Excel, Visio, AutoCAD, Micro station, 3GIS, ArcGIS, Google Earth and other OSP telco industry standard software platforms.
- Demonstrated superior organizational, interpersonal, negotiation, people development and operational skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present with at all levels.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Proven ability to build sustainable strong results against given metrics.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to proactively address issues in a high volume environment.
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
- Fiber Optic cable design for an ODN- GPON network.
- Experience with working application of engineering systems and databases.
- Working knowledge of right-of-way, property rights, and permit acquisition.
Desire candidate with Engineering degree or related field and 6+ years of experience in telecommunications.
Standard 7-4 work shift.