OSP Engineer - II
1515 E Woodfield Rd Schaumburg, IL 60173
ENGINEER -This individual is a Telecommunications Professional and must be capable of engineering routine and specific outside plant work orders, both distribution and feeder. Must be capable of providing administrative and field support to the outside plant work forces. 3-5 years of experience
Individual will perform all aspects of detailed OSP design and vendor management to providing guidance to vendors performing design based on standards, working with teammates, the field, and other internal teams to support build out of the backhaul, fronthaul and ODN network. The individual will help trouble-shoot issues and escalate as necessary to ensure fiber is properly sized and designed to meet all network needs. Needs fiber engineering, design and construction experience.
OSP Design Engineer
Individual will work with engineering and construction vendors to ensure network fiber designs are built in the most cost effective and quickest manner while meeting OSP build guidelines. Individual will work both as a sole contributer and as part of a team to ensure the OSP designs are able to support immediate demand and network growth. Individual will be responsible for OSP design, ordering material and inventory min-max levels, and ensuring fiber builds are performed in most efficient manner.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- Three or more years of relevant experience.
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills
- Detail oriented, well organized, and effective in multi-tasking.
- Capable of working independently to achieve deliverables and resolve urgent/complex issues.
- Demonstrates knowledge of engineering principles within OSP job related functional area to include general practices, procedures and industry standards.
- Strong Computer Skills (Databases, Processes, and Administrative) - Comprehensive knowledge and skill for more complex applications to include Word, Excel, Visio, AutoCAD, Microstation, and GIS s.
- Knowledge of the network plant and local practices.
- Experience with working application of engineering systems and databases.
- Inside Plant knowledge as plus
Desire candidate with Engineering degree.