OSP Inspector - II
4819 Koger Boulevard Greensboro, NC 27407
Description OSP INSPECTOR -Must have knowledge of outside plant construction. Line, splicing and substructure. 5-7 years of experience
JOB TITLE: OSP Inspector
Position Summary: Under general direction from the Construction Manager/Lead Engineer, this position monitors the work of contractors to ensure quality control and contract compliance for projects of routine to moderate complexity. Essential Job Functions:
- Position oversees, inspects, and monitors contractual field work, which includes excavations, boring, placement of hand-holes, aerial strand and fiber cable installation, grounding, and monitoring restoration (sod, etc.) of work areas per VZ standards
- Schedules work and inspection phases with Market Vendor contractor(s), superintendent and agency personnel.
- Advises contractors of violations and recommends adjustments to work operations
- Maintains project notes, which include daily diaries, etc.
- Validates as-built and project closeout documentation to confirm any red-line changes have been incorporated into the final design and that all project completion requirements are met.
- Validates, in conjunction with local engineering, that invoiced unit quantities align with construction activities in the field
Additional Information: Mileage reimbursement, Monday- Friday Schedule. Work Environment: 95 % in the field. EQP LIST Laptop Hardhat Measuring Wheel Measuring Tape (25 Ft) Amber Dome Light Camera Flashlight 28 Handhole/Manhole hook First Aid Kit 2# Hammer Safety Vest Safety Glasses Can Wrench Gloves
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in the telecommunications industry experience in the construction field with specific focus on fiber optic network deployment (i.e. fiber technician, inspector). Preference for candidates with outside plant engineering and fiber optic network construction experience. Detailed knowledge of construction work print interpretation and municipal permit application review required.
Must have experience communicating and working with General Contractors (GC) (i.e. communicating with GC where they are at in the project, timeline, etc.).
Good communication skills: both written and oral
Respond to ad hoc site visits and inquiries requiring field level decisions due to field conditions.
Preferred candidate will have working knowledge of 3GIS, Google Earth or other industry standard geospatial applications. General computer application skills required (MSOffice applications, Adobe, GSuite, etc).
High School or GED.
Please indicate whether this position is standard 9-5