OSP Inspector - II
1200 Washington Ave N Minneapolis, MN 55401
OSP INSPECTOR II
OSP INSPECTOR II - Must be knowledgeable in outside plant construction. Line, splicing and substructure. 5-7 years of experience. Services include live auditing of all Outside Plant (OSP) facilities in a construction environment & must demonstrate expert job knowledge on the subject matters identified herein in order to effectively meet requirements for quality products and services.
- Position oversees, inspects, and monitors contractual field work, which includes excavations, boring, placement of hand-holes, aerial strand and fiber cable installation, grounding, and monitoring restoration (sod, etc) of work areas per standards
- Schedules work and inspection phases with Market Vendor contractor(s), superintendent and agency personnel.
- Advises contractors of violations and recommends adjustments to work operations
- Maintains project notes, which include daily diaries, etc.
- Validates as-built and project closeout documentation to confirm any red-line changes have been incorporated into the final design and that all project completion requirements are met.
- Validates, in conjunction with local engineering, that invoiced unit quantities align with construction activities in the field
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in the telecommunications industry experience in the construction field with specific focus on fiber optic network deployment (i.e. fiber technician, inspector).
- Preference for candidates with outside plant engineering and fiber optic network construction experience. Detailed knowledge of construction work print interpretation and municipal permit application review required.
- Must have experience communicating and working with General Contractors (GC) (i.e. communicating with GC where they are at in the project, timeline, etc.).
- Preferred candidate will have working knowledge of 3GIS, Google Earth or other industry standard geospatial applications. General computer application skills required (MSOffice applications, Adobe, GSuite, etc).
- Must meet Background Check requirements as set forth in the Outside Plant Services Agreement between Suppliers.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver' s license with a satisfactory driving record.
- Must follow established safety practices and guidelines.
- Must adhere to strict regulations and procedures for the security of property.
- Must demonstrate expert job knowledge & not rely on personnel to identify industry standards.
- Required to submit daily updates to include, but not limited to, summary of work performed, next-day work locations, customer contact/complaint calls, timesheet reporting, as directed by the representative.
- Required to attend periodic meetings, as directed by the representative.
- Required to investigate and provide damage reports any time a damage is incurred on facilities or the facilities of another industry provider.
- Responsible for ensuring that all locate wires and ground wires are terminated, as required, at the start of all work functions and must confirm that all locate wires and ground wires are terminated at the conclusion of all work functions.
- Must ensure that all pedestals covers, closures and hand holes are securely sealed or closed with the appropriate hardware & report all noncompliance or sub-standard conditions to a representative.
Working hours: 8: 00am to 5: 00pm with one hour unpaid for lunch.
Additional Skills, Tools Required:
- Locating with subsurface locating device provided
- Laptop provided
- OSP Inspector to use personal vehicle for the job. Mileage reimbursed.
Kaztronix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.In addition, all human resource actions in such areas as compensation, employee benefits, transfers, layoffs, training and development are to be administered objectively, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.