OSP Inspector - II
15725 West Ryerson Road New Berlin, WI 53151
Responsible for quality inspections on the construction aspects of the One Fiber Build. You will be working closely with a local OSP Engineer and vendors whom are handling the construction aspects of the build. Qualified applicants will have experience in construction monitoring, ensuring engineering plans and specifications are being followed according to specifications.
- Engage appropriate internal and external organizations with professional written and verbal communications to accomplish required tasks.
- Propose solutions supported by sound engineering and operational productivity to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Recognize vulnerabilities in network infrastructure and makes intelligent decisions to ensure reliability within financial constraints.
- Process reports and other administrative duties.
- Regular work conditions are 40 hours per week with limited travel. Extra hours and occasional weekend work may be required depending on business demands.
- Perform quality inspections on work currently performed or work that has recently been completed, utilizing established checklists and/or other quality related documentation
- Maintain records and prepare inspection reports
- Provide daily updates to Construction/Project Manager on overall safety, quality, and production
- Other related duties as assigned
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- OSP Inspection: 5 years experience
- Have the ability to review design drawings
- Proficiency with Google Earth and GIS, ArcMap
- Experience with Word, Excel, Visio, AutoCAD
- Experience with working application of engineering systems and databases. * Flexibility to work extra hours with limited travel depending on business demands.
- Ability to work independently or in the field with limited supervision while in the field.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and make sound decisions using information at hand.
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills - capable of interacting with customers and coworkers at all levels of leadership.
- Have at least five or more years of experience in Outside Plant Inspection
- Have the ability to write brief memos and notes for reporting and documentation
- Have experience with both Aerial and Underground plants.
This position is a standard 7-4 or 8-5 work day. However, overtime maybe expected based on the needs of the business.
Kaztronix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.In addition, all human resource actions in such areas as compensation, employee benefits, transfers, layoffs, training and development are to be administered objectively, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.