OSP Inspector - III
5508 Young Street Bakersfield, CA 93311
OSP INSPECTOR -OSP Inspector services that include live auditing of all Outside Plant (OSP) facilities in an OSP construction environment. Must be knowledgeable in outside plant construction, line, splicing and substructure. Inspector will provide all labor, tools, vehicles, and safety equipment necessary for performing the Services.
JOB TITLE: OSP Inspector III
OSP Inspector services that include live auditing of all Outside Plant (OSP) facilities in an OSP construction environment. Oversees, inspects, and monitors contractual field work, which includes excavations, boring, placement of hand-holes, aerial strand and fiber cable installation, grounding, and monitoring restoration (sod, etc.) of work areas per provided standard. Advises contractors of violations and recommends adjustments to work operations. Applies vast knowledge of OSP construction methods, practices, and safety guidelines. Maintains project notes, which include daily diaries, etc.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- A minimum of 7-10 years of telecommunications industry construction field experience with specific focus on fiber optic network deployment (i.e. fiber technician, inspector).
- Knowledgeable in outside plant construction, line, splicing and substructure.
- Capable of communicating and working with General Contractors (GC) (i.e. communicating with GC where they are at in the project, timeline, etc.).
- Expert in established safety practices and guidelines.
- Ability to plan inspection in coordination with contractors superintendent and agency personnel schedules
- Able to adhere to strict company regulations and procedures for the security of company property.
- Demonstrated ability to validate as-built, project closeout documentation to confirm any red-line changes have been incorporated into the final design and that all project completion requirements are met.
- Experience In validation that invoiced unit quantities align with construction activities in the field.
- Able to processes written reports, QA audits, and other administrative duties.
- Detailed knowledge of construction work print interpretation and municipal permit application review required.
- Able to receive general instruction, otherwise performs independently with minimal supervision, exercising latitude to achieve daily objectives and approaches to critical/complex assignments.
- Must have access to late model vehicle in good condition and outfitted with hand tools and safety equipment to perform specific tasks (see below).
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver' s license with a satisfactory driving record.
- Contractor to provide all, tools, vehicles, and safety equipment necessary for performing the Services
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous Experience performing inspection services for a major telecommunications provider;
- Knowledge of outside plant engineering in a telecommunications provider environment and fiber optic network construction experience.
- Working knowledge of 3GIS, Google Earth or other industry standard geospatial applications. General computer application skills required (MSOffice applications, Adobe, GSuite, etc.).
- Ability to perform locate services utilizing provided company equipment.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS: Minimum High School Diploma Preferred
REQUIRED SHIFT: 7 AM to 4 PM Monday through Friday (one unpaid hour for lunch). OT available with supervisors approval. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Contractor will assume all transportation-related costs. Mileage will not be provided.
Work Environment: 95 % in the field. Laptop provided
- Steel toe boots
- Leather Gloves / Kevlar Gloves
- Orange Safety Vest / Yellow Safety Vest (RR requirement / approved)
- ANSI approved boots
- Safety Glasses
- Voltage Detector
- Safety Cones ( 2 Minimum)
- Safety beacon / warning lights
- First Aid kit
- Camera or phone with Camera
- Cable knife
- Diagonal pliers
- Tone Generator
- Tone Probe
- Can Wrench Klein 68005
- Manhole / handhold hook
- Cable / gravel depth Probe
- Measuring wheel
- Marker Paint and wand (I am not sure we want them marking anything?)
- Socket set
- 2# Hammer
- Measuring tape (25 ft.)
- Height Stick or Range finder (for pole inspection)
Kaztronix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.In addition, all human resource actions in such areas as compensation, employee benefits, transfers, layoffs, training and development are to be administered objectively, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.