Primary Development Engineer
4545 Creek Rd Blue Ash, OH 45242
A Fortune 100 company is looking for a R&D Primary Product Plastics Development Engineer, Surgical Robotics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Our team of engineers, designers and technical experts are in the forefront of technology in the medical device industry.
• You will be making a vital contribution to the New Product Development (NPD) pipeline and transforming patient care through innovation.
• Our Development Engineering staff works with NPD teams and Suppliers to develop robust component designs and manufacturing processes that meet or exceed all product requirements at the lowest possible manufacturing cost.
• The Primary Engineer will operate in a matrix global organization and lead/support New Product Development (NPD) projects to plan, design, develop, qualify, validate and stabilize plastic component development and qualification process solutions.
• Responsibility will include process development, qualification, and control for component and assembly solutions.
• Provide input to NPD teams on Design for Manufacturing, Assembly & Cost and drive product development to enable robust product and process development that meets business commitments and stabilization metrics.
• Responsible for designing and developing robust equipment, tooling and manufacturing processes to meet product requirements in compliance to Quality, Lean, Safety and Ergo requirements.
• Incorporates risk mitigation methodology to drive process stability and capability. Qualifications
• A minimum of a Bachelor’ s degree in Engineering. Highly Preferred.
• A minimum of 3 years manufacturing process development or operations experience is required.
• Prior experience in Plastic processing is required.
• Prior experience in New Product Development is preferred.
• Experience within a medical device production environment or other regulated environment preferred.
• Prior Project Management experience preferred.
• Previous experience in the areas of Design for Manufacturing or Assembly (DFM & A) is preferred.
• Process Excellence Six Sigma knowledge is preferred.
• Risk Management is preferred.
• Measurement Systems Analysis preferred (G&RR).
• Statistical Analysis knowledge is preferred, (i.e. Design of Experiments (DOE), Process Stability/Control/Capability.
• Knowledge of GD&T (ASME Y14.5) is preferred.
• Experience working closely with external suppliers is preferred.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
. • This position is located in Cincinnati, Ohio and may require up to 25% travel domestic and internationally