Process Scientist I/II
6701 Kaiser Dr Fremont, CA 94555
The role will function within the Protein Science group at BI Fremont alongside a team of other scientists, engineers, post-doctoral students, and interns with a wide spectrum of skill sets. The scientist is expected to independently perform routine scientific work and novel technology development.
The role for this position will be multi-faceted, with two main areas of focus:
- Exploration of novel, cutting-edge technology for the innovation of monoclonal antibody purification development at both bench and pilot scales, including new technology evaluation, highthroughput screening, and column capacity studies. This exploration will include participation in intensified purification processes including, traditional and membrane-based chromatography and tangential flow filtration. The position will call for familiarity with equipment capable of determining in-process performance parameters for purification. Such equipment will includ AKTA FPLCs (AVANT, Explorer, Pilot), Unicorn software, turbidity meters, pH and conductivity probes, and UV meters.
- Downstream purification process troubleshooting through both literature-based research and hands-on bench work to better understand current process shortcomings and sensitivities. This will require thorough knowledge of protein biochemistry and experience with in-depth literature review, TFF (as above), and affinity coupling and purification.
The position will interface with cell culture personnel and analytical scientists to receive/provide samples, descriptions, and analyses. The position will be a fully integrated member of the scientific team, attending the core scientific team meetings. Growth in the scientific area of the job is expected and encouraged.
- Previous experience with or in-depth practical knowledge of downstream purification of mAbs highly desired
- Strong protein biochemistry and/or engineering skills ideally including experience
- Experience with CHO cells is a plus
- Experience with TECAN liquid handlers is a plus
- Experience with or strong theoretical understanding of downstream processing techniques such as chromatography, filtration, UFDF
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- BS in related major and 2-3+ years of relevant experience
- MS in related major and 1+ years of relevant experience
- BS in related major and 4+ years of relevant experience
- MS in related major and 2+ years of relevant experience
- PhD in related major and 0-1 years of relevant experience
Kaztronix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.In addition, all human resource actions in such areas as compensation, employee benefits, transfers, layoffs, training and development are to be administered objectively, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.