Process Scientist I
6701 Kaiser Dr Fremont, CA 94555
- You will contribute to a team of cell culture scientists to support the development of new technologies/processes for the production of biotherapeutics. In addition, you will become familiar with the operation of current biopharmaceutical industry.
- Perform cell culture work packages, including media prep, seed expansion, small scale glass bioreactors and pilot plant scale stainless steel bioreactors operation, harvest process, data analysis, and general equipment maintenance.
- Perform lab support activities, such as equipment troubleshooting, lab organization and coordinate cross functionally between different departments for preventive maintenance and technical improvements.
- Collaborate and work effectively in teams to meet the project timelines
- Basic understanding of biochemistry and biotechnology
- Hands on experience with aseptic technique, microbial/mammalian cell culture is desired
- Strong communication and organization skills, be able to multi-task and exhibit a strong sense of urgency in order to accomplish daily tasks
- Must be willing to work on the weekend
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must be a graduate with BS degree in Life Science or engineering field with 0-2 years of experience
Kaztronix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.In addition, all human resource actions in such areas as compensation, employee benefits, transfers, layoffs, training and development are to be administered objectively, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.