Process Scientist I
6701 Kaiser Dr Fremont, CA 94555
- The role will function within the Protein Science group at BI Fremont alongside a team of other scientists, post-doctoral students, and interns with a wide spectrum of skill sets. The scientist is expected to
- Frequently execute in the cGMP environment, pilot plant and bench scale laboratory
- Generating/Interpreting data to support purification process development for manufacturing mABs and non-mABs at clinical phases I/II/III.
- Perform routine scientific work and novel technology development with support from manager/senior scientist.
- Works independently and in teams on a daily basis using chromatography and filtration techniques (e.g. IEX, Affinity, TFF, Viral Filtration, etc.).
- Summarizes data and/or authors technical reports for experiments and presents results to team.
- Previous experience with or in-depth practical knowledge of downstream purification of mAbs highly desired
- Strong protein biochemistry and/or engineering skills ideally including experience
- Experience with CHO cells is a plus.
- Experience with or strong theoretical understanding of downstream processing techniques such as chromatography, filtration, UFDF
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
Bachelor' s Degree in a biological related science
Kaztronix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.In addition, all human resource actions in such areas as compensation, employee benefits, transfers, layoffs, training and development are to be administered objectively, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.