Process Scientist II
6701 Kaiser Dr Fremont, CA 94555
The candidate will contribute strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to deliver results in a fast-paced working environment.
Candidate will be expected to perform a variety of analytical techniques in support of process development studies. Relevant techniques are UV/Vis, amino acid analysis by HPLC, affinity assays by HPLC, purity by capillary electrophoresis (CE or LabChip), size exclusion chromatography by HPLC and charge variants by cation exchange chromatography. Other potential techniques are immuno-based assays for binding and impurity analysis (ELISA, Octet, Biacore), as well as qPCR.
Other duties include:
- Initiate and complete scientific experiments
- Independently execute test methods
- Analyze and critically review analytical data
- Present analytical results in a clear manner
- Perform basic troubleshooting for technical problems
- BS with 4+ years in protein analytics, MS with 2+ years’ experience
- Hands-on experience in protein analytics, with experience in 1 or 2 of the above described analytical assays
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Bachelors or master’ s degree in Chemistry, Biology, or a related field
Kaztronix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.In addition, all human resource actions in such areas as compensation, employee benefits, transfers, layoffs, training and development are to be administered objectively, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.