Senior Research Associate, Clinical Immunology
20 Firstfield Road Gaithersburg, MD 20878
Research Associate to join our Clinical Immunology department in Gaithersburg, MD. This individual will play an important role testing clinical samples as well as in assay development and qualification. Qualified individuals are expected to generate and qualify antigen stocks & to perform ELISAs for clinical testing, in addition to training new technicians and leading a group of technicians in high throughput clinical testing.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Play a key role in performing technical laboratory processes, including training on existing assays and clinical testing related activities as per schedule and under management discretion in a GCLP environment.
- Individual will be required to perform routine assays with high sample throughput.
- Individual will be required to record all data in specified formats (including electronic).
- Individual will additionally be responsible for activities related to assay development including optimization and qualification/ validation of assays.
- Individual will assist the Laboratory Lead or above with analysis and interpretation of clinical and/or experimental data.
- Individual must ensure that corporate, quality, regulatory and safety procedures/requirements are being observed and followed at all times.
- Individual will maintain accurate inventories and will be responsible for informing lab support about ordering supplies.
- Individual will be responsible for facility housekeeping according to regulations.
- Individual will be responsible for drafting SOPs, writing reports and presenting data in various formats.
- BS degree in relevant scientific discipline with 5+ years' industry experience or Master' s degree in relevant scientific discipline with 3+ years of experience.
- Must have 3-5 years hands on industry experience or collaboration with industry with different types of ELISA assays.
- Prior experience working with aseptic technique and working in a BSL-2/BSL-2 plus laboratory.
- Previous experience with high throughput and automated assays.
- Working knowledge of colorimetric assays for enzyme activity and inhibition.
- Familiarity with MS Word, Excel, SoftmaxPro GxP and LIMS.
- Candidate must be flexible in time management and have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently and a team player who can work cross functionally. Attention to detail is highly desirable.
- Prior Experience with SAS, JMP or similar Statistical programs desirable.