Research Associate I
49 New York Avenue, USMA010D Framingham, MA
Join team in the biomarkers and bioanalytics mass spectrometry group based in Framingham.
We are experts in identification, characterization, and quantification of biomolecules using mass spectrometry-based assays. We support research projects for a variety of programs ranging from rare disease to immuno-oncology.
Responsibilities for this position include sample preparation, mass spectrometry, and data analysis.
The candidate will primarily support biomarker research for lysosomal storage diseases by performing glycosphingolipid analysis on preclinical and clinical samples.
This position also includes the following:
- Maintain an up to date sample inventory and electronic notebook
- Perform lab safety and hazardous waste inspections
- Communicate results either in small group meetings or in reports
- Hands on working experience in a biochemical, analytical, or clinical lab
- Experience with liquid chromatography and/or mass spectrometry is a plus
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are critical
- Effective time management
- Team oriented
- Good understanding of Microsoft office
B.S. degree in chemistry, biology, biochemistry or a related field
Kaztronix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.In addition, all human resource actions in such areas as compensation, employee benefits, transfers, layoffs, training and development are to be administered objectively, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.