6701 Kaiser Dr Fremont, CA 94555
- Execute cell culture process development and optimization experiments using various vessels such as shake flasks, Wave and bench scale bioreactors, stainless steel and single use pilot scale bioreactors for the production of monoclonal antibodies and other recombinant proteins. Monitor and evaluate mammalian cell culture performance in experiments utilizing various instruments such as cell counters, blood gas and chemistry analyzers, and others.
- Prepare stock solutions and media for mammalian cell culture as needed.
- Perform other lab support activities such as basic equipment maintenance, troubleshooting and lab organization.
- Communicate own work effectively.
- Occasional weekend work determined by project and experiment demand.
- Fundamental understanding of biochemistry, cell biology, biotechnology, or chemical engineering.
- Hands on experience with aseptic techniques is a must.
- Mammalian cell culture lab experience strongly desired.
- Strong communication and organization skills; be able to multi-task; be highly self-motivated, flexible, be able to collaborate and work effectively in teams.
- Experience in Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is a must; Experience in experiment design and data analysis using statistical tools and software is a plus.
- Experience working in GMP and on harvest process is also a plus.
- BS with 0-2 years’ experience in biochemical engineering, bioengineering, chemical engineering, biotechnology, life sciences, or related fields.
Kaztronix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.In addition, all human resource actions in such areas as compensation, employee benefits, transfers, layoffs, training and development are to be administered objectively, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.