6701 Kaiser Dr Fremont, CA 94555
The Process Science Cell Culture group is currently seeking a highly motivated team member to aid in development of continuous manufacturing at Fremont, CA.
The candidate will work as an integral member of an innovation team working on platform development of perfusion cell culture as part of the integrated continuous bioprocessing development efforts at BI. In addition to working with the team, the candidate will also work independently to spearhead side-projects, testing new technologies/techniques for proof of concept and optimizing existing state of the art, to advance process development. Day-to-day lab work will be performed at small-, bench-, and pilot-scale and will include (but is not limited to): aseptic cell culture maintenance and expansion, building and operating bioreactors, using various analytical equipment, and preparing cell culture media. The pilot scale process and incumbent hardware will soon transition from development to a GMP setting, so cGMP knowledge is a plus. The candidate is expected to be flexible and nimble in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and adapt to new changes quickly while ensuring successful delivery of goals.
- Operate glass benchtop and pilot scale single-use perfusion bioreactors
- Cell culture media and buffer preparations
- Support routine lab operations (equipment maintenance, lab housekeeping, etc)
- Perform small scale development experiments
- Research and test new technologies and techniques pertaining to perfusion cell culture
- Meticulous lab notebook keeping; present results at group meetings
- Minimum one weekend shift per month required (non-negotiable)
- Experience and high level of competency with aseptic technique strongly desired
- Mammalian cell culture lab experience, especially in perfusion mode, strongly desired
- Bioreactor operation (bench/pilot scale, stainless steel or single use) strongly desired
- Previous experience with Delta V (or another SCADA) a plus
- Expert knowledge of statistics (including software eg JMP), DoE, and/or modeling a plus
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team, multi-task while prioritizing, and exhibiting strong sense of ownership of the work being performed is a must
- B.S. degree with 2+ years or M.S. with 0+ years of experience in biochemical engineering, chemical engineering, bioengineering, or any related fields
Kaztronix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.In addition, all human resource actions in such areas as compensation, employee benefits, transfers, layoffs, training and development are to be administered objectively, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.