Mopus Bridge Rd & Ridgebury Rd Ridgefield, CT 06877
- Perform essential molecular biology experiments that will support the generation of new and novel biotherapeutic drugs.
- Plan and execute molecular biology experiments, interpret the results and propose next steps.
- Implement new technologies such as high throughput cloning of antibody genes into expression vectors
- Analysis of DNA sequence after cloning
- Using Genedata Biologics database for entry of sequences and vector maps
- Work closely with other areas in the department to communicate timelines and coordinate activities
- Contributes to lab organization, reagent tracking and group administration.
- Compliance with all applicable regulations; Ensure that work performed is conducted in a safe and compliant manner
- Maintenance of proper records in accordance with SOPs and policies.
- Present results in group meetings.
- Solid background in molecular biology.
- Knowledge of antibody structure and function.
- Hands-on molecular biology cloning techniques including Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR), recombinant DNA technology, DNA digestion, gel purification, running agarose and SDS-PAGE gels.
- Knowledge of Lasergene core suite, Vector NTI and sequence analysis software such as GeneCodes Sequencher is desirable
- Knowledge of database such as GDB or ProteinWorks is desirable
- Ability to work within a highly collaborative team environment and multi task.
- Requires a Master' s degree plus 0-2 year industry experience in molecular biology or a Bachelor' s degree plus 6-8 years industry experience in related field or equivalent.