300 Corporate Ct South Plainfield, NJ 07080
Scientist II reports directly and takes direction from the Associate Director, R&D. The Scientist II provides solutions for executing efforts that involve bringing protein based drug candidates into preclinical and clinical testing.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
• Investigate the feasibility of applying variety of scientific principles and concepts to potential invention, products and problems.
• Execute experiments related to PEGylation research. This includes protein purification, protein modification and characterization.
• Perform Standard activities as a scientist, e.g., proper documentation, reporting, presentations, maintain laboratory in a compliant working environment, etc.
• Execute proper science in problem solving and provide consultation to management as to the proper evaluation of various projects.
• Keep up to date with scientific knowledge and concept; execute experiments and problem-solving efficiently.
• Follow all procedures as required.
• May be involved in patent writing and /or scientific publication.
• Studying chemistry of PEGylation, purification of the PEGylated product and process development to a level acceptable for qualifying the protein as a drug.
Education and/or Experience
Normally requires BS or MS in a scientific discipline or equivalent and a minimum of 2-5 years related experience; knowledge of scientific principles and concepts.