Discovery Drive, SWDD Swiftwater, PA
Our Bacterial Technology group has an opening for a Bioprocess Scientist position at our Swiftwater site.
- Execute small-scale upstream and downstream bioprocess unit operation (fermentation, clarification, TFF, purification)
- Assemble, sterilize, monitor, and clean production fermenters and other equipment. This includes (but not limited to) media preparation, probe calibration, batch sterilization/autoclaving, inoculum preparation, down-stream processing
- Operate fermenter automated system
- Perform media/buffer solution preparation operations
- Work with coworkers and supervisor to effectively troubleshoot minor equipment and process issues
- Follows established safety and environmental guidelines and procedures for all work performed
- Document, record, and summarize information related to the process.
- Assist in writing Standard Work Instructions and Batch Production Records
- Draft and review development protocols and reports
- Inventory and Sample Management
- MS Office 2010
- Technical working knowledge and hands-on experience with fermentation processes
- Basic technical writing and documentation skills
- Equipment and process troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Self-motivated and willing to be proactive in resolving issues.
Bachelor of Science
Kaztronix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.In addition, all human resource actions in such areas as compensation, employee benefits, transfers, layoffs, training and development are to be administered objectively, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.