Mopus Bridge Rd & Ridgebury Rd Ridgefield, CT 06877
Contribute to drug discovery efforts through analysis of multiple disease-relevant data sets, as well as development of core informatics pipelines and data organization.
- Strong scientific understanding and experience in bioinformatics
- Experience in pharmaceutical research and in cardiometabolic disease a plus
- Data analysis for “-omic” data sets from various platforms to identify new targets or develop biomarker strategy
- Data Visualization: Implement methods for downstream analysis, visualization and interpretation of genomic data sets (e.g., bulk RNA-seq, scRNA-seq)
- Data Integration: Analyzing diverse datasets (multi-omics) to find relevant drug discovery targets and downstream effects relevant to cardiometabolic disease
- Data Mining: Internal, collaborative, and public databases to assist in the characterization of liver disease
- Select, and benchmark methods and tools, define and perform appropriate QC measures
- Apply and develop innovative analysis approaches when standard methods are not adequate
- Interpret and present analysis results to coworkers and collaborators
- Follow relevant scientific literature to ensure use of optimal methods and understand emerging practices across the field
- Demonstrates the ability to interpret the outcome of experiments, propose appropriate follow-up, and may propose new avenues of investigation
- Communicates own work effectively orally and in writing; contributes to writing protocols, procedures, and technical reports
- Automate processing and results reporting and delivery
- Reports and treats data with a high level of integrity and ethics
- Complies with applicable regulations; Maintains proper records in accordance with SOPs and policies
- Master’ s degree from an accredited institution with experience in a related scientific discipline (Computer Science, Genomics, Biostatistics or Bioinformatics preferred) OR Bachelor’ s degree from an accredited institution with three-plus (3+) years of experience in a STEM discipline.
Kaztronix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.In addition, all human resource actions in such areas as compensation, employee benefits, transfers, layoffs, training and development are to be administered objectively, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.